Immigration reform bills are making their way through the United States Congress.
As of now, no immigration reform bills have been passed.
As of now, no one knows for sure exactly what these bills may provide.
There are some things you can do to prepare for the possibility that these bills will become law. You should find and put in a very safe place the following:
- documents that prove when you entered the United States,
- documents that show your work history (pay stubs, W-2’s),
- documents that show you paid taxes (pay stubs that show withholding, W-2’s that show withholding, tax returns
- documents that show residency in the United States (property tax bills, leases, utility bills)
REMEMBER – IMMIGRATION REFORM IS NOT YET THE LAW.
- DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO SCAMS THAT PROMISE TO “PUT YOU ON A LIST” - THERE IS NO LIST.
REMEMBER - IMMIGRATION REFORM IS NOT YET THE LAW.
- DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO UNSCRUPULOUS PERSONS WHO TAKE YOUR MONEY OR CHARGE YOU FEES TO GET YOU AMNESTY UNDER A NEW LAW.
WATCH HERE FOR UPDATES ON THE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILLS, OR CALL:
LAW OFFICES OF DAKSHA AMIN, P.C.